Tous Les Jours, Centreville location
Nomnomnom! Look at those yummy pastries! I had planned for a low-key weekend, however, I ended up accomplishing quite a list of activities that were never originally on my to-do list. These include enjoying churros from a Tex-mex establishment, being introduced to psychedelic rock (with eastern influences) by a local band called Iritis, renting my very first Zipcar, relaxing at Spa World, enjoying a Green Tea Smoothie and some pastries from Tous Les Jours bakery, feasting on about half a dozen of crabs, buying and cooking food of my motherland, and studying for a math exam I have later tonight.
I’m sad that the weekend has ended, but I suppose there are more weekends yet to come! As I am still in that in-between period of not knowing what my next steps will be, I have decided to create a TO-DO LIST, as this will probably be one of those few brief periods of time until I retire that I have time/space/energy to do what I want to do. My #nofilter list (rough draft) –
- Job search – when I haven’t got a family to think about, maybe this is the best time for me to pack up my bags and move cross country or cross country borders!
- Learn a computer programming language (any suggestions?)
- Create my own website (teehee, this is something in the workings, you shall see soon)
- Work on my novel / create a small small book of short stories (Coming soon, as in maybe a decade)
- Find an activity that will help my heart health – Daily, I’m seeing patients come in with an extensive list of medical conditions… prevention is what it’s all about now. Hiking? Dancing?
- Smile more. Laugh more. Don’t let negative thoughts come in as much.
- Have a more beautiful mind.
What’s on your to-do list?
click for larger version
KENTUCKY DERBY!!!! 🙂 If you do not have a TV, stream live here. Starting soon. Playing of my Old Kentucky home!
So much to say in so little time. First up, my product of the day… I am in love with ALTERNA now. Today’s review? Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil. Makes the hair so smooth! Next up, if you’re looking to score some samples, I stumbled across this today – TATCHA skin care promotion. Unfortunately this was posted 2 weeks ago, so TATCHA probably caught on to the fact that too many people were ordering 13 different samples for only $5.95. You can only have one sample order in your cart at any given point in time. However, the deluxe samples are pretty large and you would get that + 3 samples (foil packets), so still a good deal. Go check it out.
Last night, I met up with some friends and had dinner at Oyamel. So so so delicious!
Chips and Salsa – first one free
- LEFT: weird hanging creatures. cool.
- RIGHT: guac made right in front of you. nomnomnom.
- (LEFT) Special: Meatballs, Salsa Verde, Black Beans, Fried Egg, Cheese
- (RIGHT) Pork Belly Taco – w/ a slice of pineapple – delish!
Everything was lovely! This morning, I decided to finally use of my groupons for Spa World… So relaxing… a shower, a massage in the bade pool, a steam sauna, poultice rooms to sweat out all my toxins (lol some of the descriptions… save my arteries, etc), an ice room, a 3-minute workout in the fitness center (and then I figured I’d rather sleep than bike), a shiatsu massage (the masseuse walked on me, at first I thought it was her elbows), a lovely rice cake/dumpling soup… 🙂 And some reading…
Two of the poultice rooms (dry sauna)… Sleep/lounge area.
- LEFT: Rice Cake/Dumpling Soup with assortment of cold side dishes
- RIGHT: Entrance to sauna 🙂
Tous Les Jours‘s Centreville, VA (right next door to the spa) location grand opening happened yesterday! I would have never known had I not stopped by Spa World. So happy… I love asian bakeries.
H Mart Splurge! 🙂