Happy Monday! We’re sitting here with out coffee, green teas, black teas, tasty breakfast foods (pastries? sandwiches?)… ready to face the week! How are you gearing up? Did you watch the Emmy Awards last night? What did you think? Anyways, this is just a reminder that you still have about a week left to enter our beauty box (valued at more than $140) giveaway. The giveaway includes Neutrogena, Lumene, L’OREAL, ORLY, LivingProof, Dr Dennis Groos products and more! Click on the photo below for more information and to enter the giveaway (or navigate to the giveaway tab up top ^). Giveaway ends on September 30! Good luck!
Congratulations to Amber over at Amber Writes for winning the dress and bracelet! We hope you will like the dress and Wow people with the matching duo. 🙂 A big thanks to everyone who entered our giveaway. And of course, are Beauty Box Giveaway (valued at more than $140) is going on for the month of September, so you still have lots of time to enter that! 🙂
Amber, expect an email from us by the end of the day today! 🙂
That’s all for now, but more stories to come. Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!
❤ Charkie, Arkie, Jarkie, and Markie @todaycommai
Happy almost independence day to our dearest readers! I get tomorrow (Thurs) off work… so I decided to also take Friday off and make it a nice four (4!)-day weekend. Gives me just enough time to fly back home to the best place in the world: Louisville, Kentucky. 🙂 Have you ever been? If not, you should! You’re missing out!
Anyways, some catching up: us –arkies got a twitter! We’re still learning how to use it but you can check us out @todaycommai. In addition, we’re starting our July Giveaway this afternoon! Mmmm… other than that, nothing much. Charkie is traveling in Germany with no weefee. Markie, Arkie, Jarkie (that’s me!) –> we’re all working in our own ways on our next steps in LIFE. 🙂 Let’s see where our futures lead. Anyways. Back to this post.
New Beauty. Question: Which one do you prefer (if you’ve tried both) – QVC or NewBeauty Test Tube? I’ve only gotten one QVC tube so it’s difficult for me to say… but I’d love to hear what you have to say. For those of you all not familiar with these tubes. Each one costs ~36 dollars (after shipping and such)… The QVC one is a quarterly box (they reveal all the products.. and you can buy just that individual tube). The NewBeauty one is now a bi-monthly (as in every other month… is that the term for that?) subscription. So basically if you’re subscribed, you pay more for NewBeauty but you also get more products in a year. From my New Beauty magazine, … the next QVC tube will be available for purchase August 9th! 🙂
Side note: If you’re interested in getting a box … I have a referral link for $5 off your first box… email email@example.com and I’ll send that over to you.
Philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser (1 oz/ ~$3.33)
This is a 3-in-1 cleanser for the face and eyes … making this is a perfect travel product. Who has time to remove makeup, cleanse and tone?! 😛 I tried it and I like it… the scent isn’t strong… and it does a good job of removing makeup (well, at least my eye-makeup… )
MoroccanOil Body Butter (1.7 oz/ $13.81)
This product uses antioxidant argan oil, and argan, shea, cocoa and mango butters to soothe your skin. Another product with a light scent. Good news 🙂
Perlage Illuminating Primer (0.017 oz/ ??)
I don’t really know much about this… are you familiar? I also don’t use primers.
Pantene Expert Collection Pro-V AgeDefy Shampoo (3.9 oz / $3.47)
Not much to say here, except, woah…STRONG SCENT! I don’t know if I like that. My entire box/test tube smelled like this shampoo/conditioner set. And I couldn’t get the scent out of my nostrils for the longest of time. This will come into use when I’m traveling, for sure!
Pantene Expert Collection Pro-V AgeDefy Conditioner (2.5 oz/ $2.67)
It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in Lite (2 oz/ $10.00)
A leave in conditioner that you use after you’ve shampooed/conditioned and towel dried your hair. I always need conditioners, so this is great. I hope it works! I’ll let y’alls know.
tarte Pure Maracuja Oil Rollerball (0.60 oz/ $17.00)
I’m probably most excited about this item! I’ll be honest. I have no clue at all what Maracuja Oil is. A quick google/wiki search will do 🙂 According to tarte, it contains Vit C and essential fatty acids. This sample came in a roller-ball form which is great! It is in a glass bottle, so if you keep this in your purse, you want to be careful not to accidentally break it and have oil soaked your hangbags. However, I love the rollerball, it makes it easy to apply to my face, especially under my eyes. I’m excited to see it’s effects. And I’m happy there’s not really a strong scent (actually I didn’t smell anything).
ybf Automatic Brow Pencil ($12.oo)
For those of you interested, this is a paraben-free/cruelty-free product. I read their description (link above) of the product and found it amusing and cute. Hehe. Take control of them eyebrows! I don’t really do anything with my brows. Sorry for my bushy eyebrows 😛 But I did give it a try, though I really don’t know how brow pencils work. Maybe you can give me some tips –
ORLY Nail Polish (0.6 oz/$8.50) –
I don’t use nail polish that often, so I don’t really care for this. Twas funny… because they mentioned how the excitement of this being the first nail polish in a test tube! No excitement for me… but no worries! It’ll be a good gift 🙂
Lumene Vitamin C+ Pure Radiance Night Cream (0.5 oz/ ~$5.87) – pictured below
A decent sample size night cream. I received the day cream in another NewBeauty box, I believe.
Boost-it! Instant Complexion Enhancer (0.25 oz/ ~$10.90)
Supposedly tightens and brightens the skin within seconds! I don’t really need the tightening but I guess I could try it for the brightening!
Dalton Colour Creme Lip Gloss in Shawny K. (.21 oz/ ~$15.00)
I like the application of this gloss. I noticed on the website that it should come with a brush… maybe I missed it in my box. Or it just didn’t come with it. I’ll have to do some more digging. I’m not sure how I feel about this yet. It’s very shiny. You probably have to reapply every 2 hours or so. I do like the fact that it comes in a jar… this means none of it goes to waste. As you can tell, with the color I received, the color is very light… not much… more gloss than color. It definitely felt like my lips got plumper.
NIP + FAB No Needle Fix Serum (2 .03 oz foil packets, ~$0.70)
A serum to fill in fine lines and smooth wrinkles … hehe don’t got those yet… but soon enough. They shall arrive. When I stay up late stu-DYING. 😛 And this will come handy.
Okay, pretty sweet box! I feel like I’ll use almost everything… except for maybe the nail polish. It’s not my most favorite box, but I am still a happy gal. 🙂 I received over $100 worth of products… for only $36 … which is not bad… actually pretty sweet. 🙂 Did you receive this box? What did you think and what did you get for your Bonus Products? Enjoy the day… and stay tuned for our giveaway! 🙂
Disclaimer: All views in this review are the opinion of the author and have not been influenced by any third party. Todaycommai will never accept payment in exchange for a review. Unless otherwise indicated, products being reviewed were purchased by the blog author and were in no way sponsored by any other party, including the product manufacturer or retailer. Read the complete Todaycommai disclosure.
My target box actually came on Friday evening (scroll down for review 🙂 )! But I’ve been out and about since then! My Love with Food box also came (such delicious goodies), but I will post that review soon! I promise!
Do you ever get into those days where you just need to heal? That is exactly how I felt, so Saturday morning, I packed up my bags and left for NOVA (northern Virginia). I just got back from spending a lovely day with Arkie. We went to the movies, had Indian food at Aditi Indian Dining, watched Ironman 3 in the cinemas, shopped in TJ Max (Arkie had to pull me out of the store), and then just ate and watched Mindy Project & Big Bang Theory. Oh and I forgot to mention facial masks! I haven’t had a sleepover in a while and this was much needed.
Target just recently launched the idea of a Beauty Box. Read about it here. And I was happy to find what was inside the box (for just $5.00)! I hope others were just as enthusiastic as me because… well I’m sure they’ll be looking at reviews and feedback from us.
Full/Deluxe Sized Samples
Gillete Venus & Olay Razor (1 ct/ $8.99) – excited to try this out!
Fekkai Glossing Cream (2 oz: $12.50 / full size 4 oz: $25.00) – A leave in style cream that seemed to take away some of the frizz I have at the ends of my hair. The only suggestion I have is to not use to much! I definitely applied too much the first time and it was too heavy and oily, weighing my hair down and making it look like I hadn’t washed my hair! haha.
Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips (1 pack/ $7.59-$9.09) – I really liked the design that I received, a pink/brown argyle design. However, I’m not much of a nail person, so maybe this will go into a giveaway box 🙂
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment (0.17 oz / $4.65)
L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Liquid BB Cream (.025 oz/ $0.19) – I am no where close to being this shade (LIGHT)… so this will not be helpful.
I paid $5.00 for this box and received around $35.00 (this did not include the $3.00 coupon) worth of beauty products! That’s probably the best value box I’ve seen. Of course, this is still in its test phase. I’m not sure if they’d raise the prices or change things. Looking towards the future, I’d definitely hope that Target will include some sort of option where you can at least specify what skin-tone you are. A profile that would allow boxes to tailor to your personal beauty needs/concerns would be wonderful! I’m very happy with this box. What did you think?
Disclaimer: All views in this review are the opinion of the author. Todaycommai will never accept payment in exchange for a review. Unless otherwise indicated, products being reviewed were purchased by the blog author and were in no way sponsored by any other party, including the product manufacturer or retailer. This post may contain affiliate/referral links. Read the complete Todaycommai disclosure.
Wahoooo look what arrived the other day! My New Beauty test tube. 🙂 It’s one of my favorite subscriptions. I think I’m ready to cancel everything but this one and Blush.
A special surprise came with this tube. Without the secret, the products came to a value of $98.61! Including the surprise, the testtube was worth $147.58!!!
I found this sitting outside my door.
- Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse (1.9 oz/ $9.88) – For anyone with very thin, fine hair… Ha! I have a head full of thick hair. If you could touch it, you’d probably compare it to horse hair, Barbie hair, or even hay! I can say with confidence that I do not need this mousse… you know what that means! It might end up in a future giveaway 🙂
- Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Conditioner (2 oz/ $5.88) – For anyone with dry damaged hair… Now this is perfect for me!
- bliss Lemon+Sage Body Butter (1.7 oz/ $7.10) – 1) I love the citrus scent! So light, but refreshing! 2) Definitely feels like butter, make my thirsty elbows and knees feel so hydrated 🙂
- Hydroxatone InstantEffect 90-second Wrinkle Reducer (15 sample packets/ ~$44.50) – Hmmm interesting. I’ve seen videos for this … the product is suppose to temporarily reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, fine lines, wrinkles, and under-eye bags. Effects last up to 8 hours ( I think)… I’m not sure if this is what I want/need quite yet. Luckily they come in 0.02 oz packets!
- AHAVA 3-in-1 Mineral Cleanser (0.85 oz / $3.00) – This product has been discontinued… but I am still excited by it! I am loving these multi-purpose cleansers! I will be on the hunt. Love love love to have a cleanser that could remove make up, act as a cleanser & toner. Save steps. We need sleep!
- Philosophy Love Sweet Love Shampoo, Bath, & Shower Gel (1 oz/ $1.50) – Another multitasking product, as you can tell from the name. Love that it can be used for a bath or shower. I think it smells incredible (I’d go as far to say delicious) and leaves my skin feeling soft.
- Josie Maran Argan Oil (.17 oz/ $4.76) – I received this in my QVC tube … and am so HAPPY to have another one. Another sort of multi-purpose product (I’m loving this theme!). I love using it for my hair since I have quite brittle, damaged, disgusting hair. But it’s great for dry skin and nails also!
- Lumene Vitamin C+ Radiant Day Cream (0.5 oz/$3.99) – They got me with the word radiant! 🙂
- bareMinerals marvelous MOXIE , spark plug (FULL SIZE/ 0.15 oz/$18.00) – Excited for this full size product! Just two weeks ago, Bare Escentuals had their tour truck at the Bethesda Arts Festival. My roommate and I got tempted by their pretty chandeliers… of course, their artists covered our faces with their powder (I do like their foundations, etc) … and we got to try this so called marvelous moxie lipgloss. I love it. I love the color. I do have to say it’s a bit shiny… but the peppermint cooling feeling just feels so good.
What’s this?! Apparently this box came with bonus products!
And there you go!
- Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20 (0.16 oz/ $3.38) – This is a 5-in-1 (I’m telling you! So many multi-purpose products!) skincare enhancer that I also received in my Sephora sun safety kit. The more the merrier 🙂
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner (0.4 oz/ $18.00) – Blackhead extractor! I have a terrible obsession (wrong word?) with getting rid of blackheads. I’d do anything to remove those icky things that we all have.
- Lumene Sensitive Touch 5 min SOS Cream (0.14 oz/ $1.64) – A cream to relieve dry skin…
- Kneipp Herbal Bath Valerian & Hops Sleep Well (0.68 bottle X 2/ $11.00) – Bath oil to promote relaxation and a sound night’s sleep. Sounds like something I desperately need!
The box also came with the Celebrity Beauty Secrets book ($14.95). I flipped through the book and it’s quite entertaining… and I couldn’t put it down! I believe they’re selling it at airports and Barnes and Noble if you’re looking for the book and not the products.
That’s all for now.