I took a small weekend getaway (down the street to North Bethesda’s fancy hotel – I just recently learned how to bid for hotels on Priceline.com). Massages, heated pools, room service (lovely breakfast tray), fire alarms in hotels, fire trucks coming 😛
Two beauty boxes came! And you might be familiar with the feeling. Receiving email that the box is on its way –> anticipation –> box gets delivered –> excitment …. OPENING of the boxes… wheeeee. Anyways, here’s what came!
I actually saw a couple of YouTube videos regarding this box so that when I opened mine, I wasn’t AS disappointed. They definitely had misleading information but oh wells. I’m still fairly happy with the products.
Going from left to right –
- Ferro Cosmetics Blush in Suzie Glow and Terra Cotta (Total value ~$6) – Check out the shades below in the picture below (C & D). I really like Suzie’s Glow (perfect pink glow). Both are nice 🙂 Note: They spill out of their containers really easily… I just ended up giving my desk a makeover with the blush. Be sure to open it in the bathroom or on a tissue paper.
- Neutrogena naturals lip balm (0.15 oz/ $2.99) – Full Size! I’m a fan of the Neturogena naturals brand (no harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, dyes, phthalates). Very light beeswax/pepperminty scent.
- NYX Roll On Shimmer in Mauve Pink (0.052 oz / $4.00) – Full Size! I like ! I like! I like! I will definitely use this on my eyes, my cheeks… they say that it can also be used for the body… but I’m not a body shimmer gal. Maybe one day! 😛
- NYX Color Lip Balm in Thank you (0.14 oz/ $3.00) – Lip Balms that always give color are the best. Less stuff for you to apply 🙂
- Ziaja Goat’s Milk Eye Cream (0.5 ml / $7.99) – Another full size item! Do eye creams actually work? I know I should also work on getting enough sleep, eating right, making sure not to let them bake in the sun, etc. But for now, I’ll put all my faith in these creams. This is for dry & wrinkle prone skin … and moisturizes, tones, tightens and smooths the area under your eyes.
- Juara Candlenut Body Creme (0.17 oz / ~$0.80) – Beaty Secrets from Bali? Excited to check this out.
- AlfaParf Semi di Lino Diamond Illuminating Serum (~$10 value) – A serum (for the hair) that contains linseed extract and Vitamin E anti-oxidant to soften your hair. In general, I feel like a little serum goes a long way and my brittle/damaged hair will probably need this.
- EVOLVh UltraShine Moisture Shampoo (2 oz/ $7.00) and Conditioner (2 oz / $7.00) – Perfect for travel!
- The Honest Co. honest healing balm (1 oz / $4.31) and honest face & body lotion (1 oz/ $1.48) – Lotions/Balms that are perfect travel size products! I received an Honest Co. lip balm somewhere (I’m getting all these boxes confused) and really liked it… so I have good feelings about these two.
I don’t really care much for this last group. Well, I like the q-tips… but the others, I don’t care for. I just realized now (and I’m too lazy to correct this) that the wine gift card has the code/password on there. Well if you happen to like wine, want the gift card and are quick to act, go ahead and use the code! LOL FREE CODE. LUCKY READER OUT THERE, FEEL FREE TO CLAIM. haha.
Verdict? Despite feeling a bit misled (this was not $100 worth of beauty products)… I feel like I will actually use all the products, so I’m a happy gal. 🙂 I paid $17.00 ($20 without the coupon code that I used + free shipping) for about $60 worth of products.
Blush Mystery Box
I’m so happy that I signed up for the Blush mystery boxes (<–if you still want to purchase this box, you can). This, along with the NewBeauty & QVC test tubes, is one of my favorite subscription boxes. This month’s wasn’t as great as the last two, but I am still happy with it. Better than other boxes 🙂
Free sample: Innovative Skincare Instant Smoothing Gel 0.06 oz (Value: 11.76) – WOAH the thing that caught my eye… $98.00 for a 0.5 fl oz product?!?!?!?!? Well, I don’t really have wrinkles… but maybe I’ll try it on my forehead. Haha…
- Hydroxatone Revitalizing Microdermabrasion (0.5 oz/ $15.00) – I just opened it and tried it…. before I even looked at the other products. I don’t know why I’m obsessed with exfoliating my skin… I guess I just want it to be radiant! But don’t worry… I know to only do that 2-3 times per week. My thoughts? A nice texture that was not too rough. I wish that it were in a different form… like maybe a pump or even a squeeze bottle. I made such a mess trying to scoop it out… but maybe that’s my own fault 😛
- Glytone Sunscreen Spray Mist 50+ Water Resistant (6 fl oz/$39.00) – This was the product that they revealed would be in every mystery box. It’s come in a perfect time. Now I don’t have to drag my derriere to a drugstore to buy sunscreen. Yippeeee! And a spray sunscreen is always easy to apply than a lotion/cream.
- Decleor Aroma Cleanse Youth Cleansing Milk (0.33 oz/ $1.92) and Youth Lotion (0.33 oz/ $1.92) – Great travel size cleanser + toner!
- DHC Clarifying Pore Cover Base (0.42 oz/ $19.00) – I believe DHC is a Japanese brand… (I think… this is coming from my memory… which sometimes is not the best). I do like their products. I don’t really wear primers… but I’ll give this a try.
- Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20 in Glow Enhancer (0.5 oz/ $5.02) – I’m not a fan of this brand/these products…. I think more so because I don’t have any use for them. Maybe they’ll appear in a giveaway (I’m thinking … July, maybe? 😛 )
- Stila Lip Glaze in kaleidoscope (0.05 oz/$13.75) – This seems to be a shade from last fall… looks pretty and sparkly! I suppose I’ll save it for this fall. August/September will be here soon enough!
- Supergoop! CC Cream SPF 35 (3 ml/ $2.04 ) – I still have quite caught on to CC creams yet… I’m a skeptic. Seems to me just like a fancier version of BB… a way to make money. Haha, but if you think I’m wrong, please let me know and I’ll give this a chance! 😛
Like I mentioned above, not my favorite box… but definitely content with this box 🙂 The total value of this box without sample came to $95.73. Definitely one of the best value for your money box. 🙂 What did you think of your box?