We are so happy to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by a blogger we’ve enjoyed reading over at Makeup and All That Jazz. She’s got some great makeup/beauty tips (and also some lovely vacation photos!). It’s a good thing that she reminded us that we’ve actually also been nominated by Charlotte over at My Crazy, New York, Post-Grad Life. Yep yep… we’re slackers 😛 just kidding.
We are so honored to accept this award. And the rules are as follows –
- Display the award on your blog
- Mention/link the people who nominated you
- Nominate another 15 blogs/bloggers who you feel should be given this award
- Inform them you have nominated them
- Write 7 facts about yourself
Seven (7) interesting facts about us –
- What Charkie has to say about Arkie – One awesome thing about Arkie is her prescience. She has a way of looking ahead to prepare us well for the uncertainties of events months down the line. I’m still thankful that she mentally prepped me for college graduation starting in September of senior year.
- What Arkie has to say about Jarkie – Jarkie has had a fascination with India ever since she studied abroad there, and she knows a ton about Bollywood, Indian culture, and some phrases in Hindi.
- What Jarkie has to say about Markie – Markie is miss future red-carpet gal and also a future Chelsea WAG (wives and girlfriends, just to be clear)… spend five minutes with her and she’ll have you as a hardcore Chelsea FC fan! But best of all … her favorite musician is TAYLOR SWIFT 😛 😛 (okay, the last sentence there might be an exaggeration).
- What Markie has to say about Charkie – Charkie is a music guru! If I ever need music recommendations or the best songs from a band that I have never heard of, she’s the go-to girl!
- Random general-arkies fact #1 – The -arkies were frequent patrons of Hong Kong Cafe, Guglhupf, and the Washington Duke Inn when they lived in Durham, North Carolina.
- Random general-arkies fact #2 – Another awesome thing about the -arkies, and something that helps us relate to one another, is that all of our parents were immigrants to the USA (as were half the -arkies). Being first-generation Americans has informed our outlook on society enormously and in commom ways, though the countries of origin vary.
- Random general-arkies fact #3 – The -arkies at todaycommai were originally going to name their blog “That One Thing,” however, the name was already taken.
And now … drumroll… the nominees are (blogs that we’ve enjoyed reading) –
Have a wonderful evening and Friday!