We’re almost halfway through 2013… and so I’ve decided to take time to reflect upon/to bring you lovely readers some of my favorite products from the past few months. 🙂 I’d love to hear if you’ve tried any of these products, what is your skincare/beauty care/daily routine like? And are there any products you L-O-V-E? Please comment below or shoot an email to email@example.com.
**Note: This is just a preview to my best of post… 🙂 see you tomorrow with the full list!
Best Skincare Line
My very very favorite skincare line has quite a unique name: The Skincare. I first tried this line a while ago through their 1-2-3 kit that came as a free gift for my mother. After that, I was hooked. Another sister line is White Lucent. I’ve clumped them together since they’re both Shiseido products.
My daily routine goes: Make up remover (evenings) –> Cleanser –> Toner –> Serum –> Moisturizer –> Eye Cream
- Cleanser – The Skincare Purifying Cleansing Foam is one of my favorite cleansers. My face feels so refreshed afterwards… it comes with little granules that exfoliate. This is definitely effective in removing make up, though I still remove make up before using this cleanser. They also have an extra gentle cleansing foam in a creamy texture if you have sensitive skin.
- Toner – There are two types of toners, one that is hydro-nourishing and one that is hydro-balancing… the one I prefer to use is the Hydro-nourishing Softener. This is because it feels like it is more “nourishing”… since it comes out thicker than the balancing one, I feel like this bottle can last longer.
- Serum – White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum. Contains yomogi extract and angelica root extract… to be honest, don’t know what these are, but did some wiki-ing! hehe… definitely smooths out the skin tone.
- Day Moisturizer – The Skincare Day Moisture Protection SPF 18 is a light-weight, fast-absorbing moisturizer that products against UVB rays. This is perfect for summer/spring because of how light it feels on the face. For normal to combination skin types. The Skincare Day Moisture Protection Enriched SPF 18 is similar to the regular Day Moisture Protection… it is recommended for dry skin. I like to use this during fall/weather when the environment becomes very dry. It’s much thicker and creamier, but gives you the feeling that your face is fully protected from harsh weather/wind.
- Night Cream – The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge does what it says… recharges your skin! I feel like I wake up with a glow about my fave 🙂 During the winter, I turn to the Night Moisture Recharge Enriched.
- Eye cream – This is most important for me since I stay up late with fb, blog posts, asian dramas, Mindy project, Game of Thrones, etc… so I don’t think I could live without my White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream … definitely noticeable decrease in puffiness and darkness isn’t quite as visible now. Love that I can see results!
- Make up remover – The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover. I’m not a big make-up person… but I do use eye liner daily, and lip products several times a week… so this is perfect.