I had been waiting to purchase the Allure Spring 2013 Beauty Box. In fact, I set so many reminders (they surely did not pop up on my computer 😦 ). However, somehow I got carried away looking at recipes of salads in a magazine that I was 15 minutes late! 12:16 pm (instead of 12:01 pm). Well unlucky for me, the boxes were sold out at that point. I was so angry for a good hour and that’s when I realized, wow! Of all things to be sad about, a beauty box? Really?! If anything, my savings account/wallet will thank me. Well since I’m in a review-ish mood… I’ll go on to a partial review. Review to come I should say.
My significant other works with a women’s beauty/health/fashion/lifestyle (?) magazine. They hold beauty sales for the employees every so often at a discounted price. I suppose these different brands/companies are dying to get their products into the pages of this women’s magazine 😛 So of course, the boy is not very familiar with such products. I had asked for bb creams, blush, highlighter, lip gloss, lipstick, etc. I ended up getting creams… well he’s not too far off. Well, I do have a thing for creams. Now I’m treating this like one of my boxes in terms of value. $5.00 for each = $25.00 for all. The value of the products = $271.90. Must thank the boy.
See photo below (going clockwise):
- DHC OLIVE Body Butter – (100 g, ~$19) – I believe this product is currently unavailable and will become available July 1st. I’m looking at a list of the ingredients: cocoa tree, shea butter, olive oil, avocado oil, argan oil, etc. The texture actually feels similar to whipped butter (think I can’t believe this is not butter sort of texture). The smell is very fresh with a light undertone of florals and it is not thick but leaves my skin feeling smooth/soft. I just wish I had more of this! This brand is a Japanese brand and I’m now intrigued because I’m in love with this body butter. I’ll have to see if some of the other products are as great… Dermstore seems to have a large selection of their products.
- Melania Exfoliating Peel (1.7 oz, $60) – Melania Trump, the wife of Donald Trump, has launched the Melania Caviar Complexe C6 skincare line. This particular product from this line is supposedly a 7-in-1 peel that will “cleanse, exfoliate, provide light hydration, smooth, brighten, even skin tone and energize.” I’m curious to see whether this will actually be good or if it’s just another way for her to earn money. The line seems pretty expensive as the peel seems to be on the cheaper end of the spectrum. As for the caviar, it’s supposedly from France. Whoo, how fancy. ~
- miracle10 enzyme (50 ml, $77) – An acid free mask that exfoliates, minimizes the appearance of fine lines and help reduce breakouts. I’m excited to try this 2-3 times a week to see if there’s any results.
- Christina Forever Young Repairing Night Cream (~$53.90) – Well I suppose this one is an anti-aging one, which I don’t need *sigh*. But I can’t complain about free things!
- POE Super Charged Copper Serum (1 fl oz, $62) – I’ve used this under my normal moisturizer a couple of times… it’s a bit oily but hopefully it’ll “clarify, tone, increase cell turnover, and prevent fine lines and wrinkles while increasing elasticity and supporting collagen production.”
Disclaimer: All views in this review are the opinion of the author. Todaycommai will never accept payment in exchange for a review. Unless otherwise indicated, products being reviewed were purchased by the blog author and were in no way sponsored by any other party, including the product manufacturer or retailer. This post may contain affiliate/referral links. Read the complete Todaycommai disclosure.