My blush Mystery Beauty Box came in two days ago when I was out of town. I had a lovely time visiting the land of the Ham (Durham/Duke) and visiting my dear Markie. So many different places she took me to including: lovely Elmo’s Diner, Monuts, Parker and Otis, Ox Rabbit, Vaguely Reminiscent… old and new places.
I’ve slowly started to develop an addiction to subscription boxes. It’s probably a bad idea. I think I need to find a way to curb this appetite (just as I need to curb my appetite for buttery, creamy, floury, doughy deliciousness –think Paula Dean’s show). But before I curb the appetite, let me bring you some reviews 🙂 My Blush Mystery Box came in, I bought just this one box to give it a try… I believe this month’s box is sold out but if you sign up for a monthly subscription, it’s $24.95 per month… and it comes with a free gift + free shipping + free sample. Oh also a free magazine subscription. I think my magazine subscription is “Traditional Homes”…. hmmm, doesn’t really exactly fit me just yet…. but maybe it’ll give me some wonderful inspiration a few years down the road 🙂 Here we go:
Blush Mystery Box III (Monthly Subscription: $24.95/ One-time Box: $34.95)
**I’ve provided links for the products if you’re interested in purchasing~
1. Tendu Hair Treatment mask (5 fl oz, $60) – “renews vibrancy, boosts shine & conditions strands” – Starting off with this one since this was the product that was revealed to be included in all of the boxes for this month. I love that it’s full sized and I love hair conditioners/treatments. I have very thick, coarse, dry hair that has been described by others as feeling like horse mane or Barbie’s hair, so I hope this treatment will help. I love the clean, fresh scent.
2. Intense Recovery Treatment (1 fl oz, $130) – Wow! The price! I am not familiar with this brand, but I do LOVE skincare products. This serum seems to include 1.5% CoffeeBerry Whole Fruit Extract — “one of nature’s most potent antioxidants” – that should help your skin become “calmer and healthier with a smoother texture”. I love that this came in a full size bottle! And it’s a cute, it’s a pop up little dispenser. I shall start adding this to my morning/night skin routine and hopefully results will be here. Remember, RADIANCE is what we want 🙂
3. Paula Dorf Lip Liner with Vitamin E – (.07 fl oz, $20) – I’ve been pretty satisfied with Paula Dorf’s make up (foundations) that I’ve gotten on sale @ Macy’s in the past… so I’m excited for this lip liner. Gotta get those plump, nicely shaped lips! Apparently Sultry is a sheer nude shade.
4. Batiste Dry Shampoo – (1.6 fl oz, $3.99) – Clean and original fragrance – I love the compact size and can already imagine it’s usefulness… those long flights/bus rides? Bai Bai greasiness!
5. Senna Lash Fortifier X (.16 fl oz, ~$11.25) – Eyelash Primer… contains moisturizers and Panthenol that strengthen & protect your lashes!
6. SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer (.25 oz, $6.75) – “Light oil-free moisturizer hydrates skin with antioxidants vitamins C and E” … I have this obsession with moisturizers… and the size is perfect for traveling!
* FREE GIFT – K Force Flexible Hold Hairspray (5.9 fl oz, $25) – Non-aerosol hairspray… seems to be currently on sale on their website. I don’t really use hairsprays, but luckily this was a free gift, so a free way for me to start experimenting 🙂
*FREE SAMPLE – Goldfaden MD Vital Boost – (.08 fl oz, ~$3.20) – Gooseberry + grapefruit oil extracts = GLOW TO YOUR FACE 🙂
WOW! That was a little more than $250 ($260.19 if you want to be a little more exact) worth of products! I loved it! And to think that I got a free magazine subscription, a free gift, and a free sample, free 1-3 day shipping! I didn’t sign up for the monthly subscription so it cost me a little more than normal ($34.95) … With this value, it’ll be hard for me to stay away from signing up for the monthly subscription, but I need to work on my self-control issues with these boxes first! Haha, what did you all think?