And Spring is finally in the air! The all too familiar love-hate relationship I have with those birds who chirp at 6 AM is also back! But an exciting event? My April Birchbox came in two days ago. I was very satisfied with this month’s box. Felt like Christmas once again.What came this month?
1) Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue Petite Cologne Absolue – I don’t have a picture for it, but I’m not a fan of it. The site describes it as “Top notes of Italian bergamot sourced from Calabria, Sicily work in sync with Italian green mandarin to create an amber halo. The fragrance opens to middle notes of fresh jasmine and exotic cinnamon Ceylon from Sri Lanka, while base notes of African myrrh and Indian sandalwood provide an earthy counterpoint.” But I guess this combination did not sit well with my nose…
2) Number 4 Blow Dry Lotion ($32.00/150 ml) – Apparently with a combination of soy protein, vitamin B5, acai berry, black currant, and Irish moss can help protect your hair healthy and smooth under heat. It has a nice, clean & crisp scent. The sample size was perfect. (50 ml/1.5 fl. oz, worth ~ $10-11)
3) I have not had a chance to try the Ruby Wing (Peony) Color Changing Nail Polish (15 ml/$10.00) – This nail polish apparently changes colors from indoors –> outdoors. I have yet to try it but I’m excited to given that I’m one of the most indecisive people ever. Put Charkie and Jarkie together and we’ll be stuck in the same position. Haha jk 😛
4) Lierac Paris Concentré Mésolift Toning Radiance Serum – I’m a fan of serums! It’s a pretty good trial size! Hopefully this will give my skin radiance! 🙂
5) And my favorite part of this BB is the Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-on ($10.99/ 0.5 ml) which was a Birchbox Finds. First off, it came as a full size item. Two, I get dark circles underneath my eyes because I stay up and watch Downton Abbey (that show is dead to me right now), Mindy Project, or Random Asian dramas. And three, who doesn’t like roll-ons? The cool feel from roller ball makes me feel refreshed and we aren’t even talking about pro-vitamin B, cucumber extract and glycerin that should make up the “revitalizing” part of the name. Lastly, there’s a coupon on the back 🙂
6) Free 1-year subscription to Women’s Health! More magazines for Jarkie!
I would also like to point out that I got “forced” (by my own brain) into purchasing two new boxes.
– Blush Mystery Beauty Box III – Apparently it has over $100 worth of products inside. You can sign up for a monthly subscription or purchase just this box. If you purchase now, you can also get free 1-3 day shipping.
– A secret box for meri mama. 🙂 Mother’s day is coming soon. If you need ideas here ya go.
Oh the prettiness this month: