It’s five to 11 pm here, and I’m about to go to bed. How did I manage those 2am nights in college? So glad those days are over.
Mostly, I’ve been studying anatomy these days, though I spent some time on a biophysics lab report tonight. I’ve alluded to my amusement with peculiar/interesting/clever anatomical names in a previous post. Here are some others that have made me stop and smile:
- Crypts of Lieberkühn: glands in the intestine or Dracula’s German home?
- Iliacus: hip muscle or Greek hero?
- Psoas major: hip muscles or … just a cool name?
- Resorcin-fuchsin: elastic tissue stain or a cathartic new expletive?
- Wharton’s jelly: mucous tissue or tasty dessert?
… that was fun! List TBC.